Tourism Calgary is the official destination marketing and development organization for Calgary’s tourism industry. For more than 50 years, the organization’s primary purpose has been to promote Calgary and area as the destination of choice for leisure travellers.
Guided by Calgary’s Destination Strategy, Tourism Calgary: Markets Calgary in new and exciting ways; Advocates for what’s best for the quality of life of Calgarians and for Calgary’s growing tourism industry; Hosts visitors, and events that build Calgary’s brand and offer shareable experiences; and Activates experiences in ways that attract, connect and inspire.
Region: Calgary is Canada’s third largest municipality
Population: 1.3 million
Size: 825+ square kilometres
- Calgarians enjoy more days of sunshine than any other major Canadian city – 333 days per year in fact!
- Calgary is home to more than 1.4 million people
- Our citizens are young: the median age of Calgarians is only 37.2 years
- Calgary is the third most diverse major city in Canada with more than 120 languages spoken in the city
- Calgary is 848 square kilometres in size, or 327 square miles
- Calgarians are community-minded; Albertans hold the 2nd highest national volunteer rate at 55 per cent
- Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo – April
- Sled Island – June
- Calgary Stampede – July
- Globalfest – August
- Chasing Summer – August
- Calgary International Film Festival – September
- Beakerhead – September