- 2 medium carrots (orange or rainbow)
- 1 orange zest
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 garlic, sliced
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- Cut carrots into 4 lengthwise, cut the core.
- Toss it with everything and cook in oven at 300F until its cooked about 10-12 minutes depending on sizes.
- ½ small cauliflower head
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 50 mL whipping cream
- 1 clove of garlic, sliced
- Cut cauliflower into small florets.
- Toss the cauliflower, garlic with the olive oil and roast in a oven at 350F for about 5-7 minutes, until soft.
- While warm, place in a blender and purée with butter, add whipping cream and bring to a smooth texture.
- Toss it with everything and cook in oven at 300F until its cooked about 10-12mins depending on sizes.
- 50 mL maple syrup
- 25 mL apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 shallot
- 1 small garlic clove
- 200 ml canola oil
- Salt to taste
- In a blender, add everything except for the oil, blend until smooth puree.
- Slowly adding the oil to emulsify.
- Check the seasoning.
Pickled mustard seeds
These are an amazing accompaniment to any dish, but do take a couple of days to make properly. If you have time for sure make these, but are not necessary for the dish.
- 50g dried mustard seeds
- 100 mL rice vinegar
- 100 mL water
- 10g sugar
- 7g salt
- pinch turmeric
- pinch ginger powder
- Put everything together and let it sit in the fridge for 2 days.
- After sitting in the fridge for 2 days
- Put mustard seed mixture in a pot and lightly simmer it until the liquid is almost gone.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Once cool put in an airtight container, these will last for at least a month in the fridge.