Pork Tenderloin with Honey Glazed Carrots, Cabbage and Fried Polenta
4 pork tenderloin fillet
1 head of savoy cabbage
4 rashers of Alberta smoked bacon
1 carrot, peeled and grated
Dash of whipping cream from Alberta dairy cows
1/2 tsp wholegrain mustard
3 sprigs of parsley, chopped thinly
3 locally grown carrots
1 local Rutubaga
100ml fresh Alberta honey
2 sprigs of thyme
3 Granny Smith apples
500ml pork stock
1 can sparkling apple cider
3 tsp cornstarch
2 sprigs rosemary
1 sprig thyme
1 tbsp sugar
3 cups of water
2 tbsp Alberta dairy butter
1 cup Polenta
- In a skillet or char pan, heat to medium to high heat and season both sides of the fillets, then start to sear on both sides.
- Slice the cabbage in strips and in a pan warm up a teaspoon of butter and add the cabbage, begin to cook and sweat the cabbage before adding the other ingredients and cook until the cream boils, leave to keep warm.
- Bring the water and butter for the Polenta to boil, once its fully boiling add salt and the Polenta. Whisk until it all fully combines and pour onto a lined tray to cool and set.
- In a sauce pan sweat the diced apples and herbs together until they release their aromas, add the apple cider to burn the alcohol off. Once it reduces by half add the pork stock, reduce this my half and then Whisk a small amount of cold water into the cornstarch, then add to the sauce and allow to boil and thicken, once thickened to a glossy sauce, remove the herbs and taste to adjust seasoning.
- Peel all the root vegetables and chop to the same size, in a baking pan add all the vegetables, butter and honey, as well as the herbs and salt & pepper. Cover in tin foil and bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Check that they’re cooked at this point, feel free to cook for longer if needed!