Simple Pizza Dough
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
1 1/2 cups warm water
2 tsp/1 sachet dried yeast
1 tsp white sugar
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup olive oil plus extra for brushing
- To proof the yeast, combine the water, yeast and sugar in your mixer bowl and leave to the side
for 5 minutes or until you can see the yeast is foamy and active.
- Add in the oil.
- Get out your dough hook and attach to your mixer. Whisk together the flour and salt in a large
bowl, then turn your mixer onto low and start adding the flour, slowly, into the yeast mixture until the dough forms a ball around the dough hook.
- Keeping the mixer on low, let it knead the dough for 8-10 minutes until it’s elastic and smooth.
- Add in a bit of flour if it’s too sticky, the dough should just barely stick to your hands when it’s
- Place the dough into an oiled bowl, turn it so that all surfaces are oiled and cover it up with tea
towels or plastic wrap.
Place in a warm, draft free area and let it rise for about 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Punch the dough down and then divide the dough into three pieces and roll each out into a pizza sized circle. Or use this to make one monster family-sized pizza.
- Preheat your oven to 450 °F.
- Sprinkle cornmeal on your pizza stone or baking sheet. Place the pizza crust on top and let rise for another 10 minutes.
- Cook the crust for 5 minutes and then remove. Place your pizza sauce and toppings on top.
- Return to the oven and cook for another 10-12 minutes until the crust is well browned and the toppings are hot and the cheese melted.
- Remove, let sit for a few minutes then serve and enjoy.